With summer coming to a close and fall right on it’s heels, it’s hard to imagine it’s already time for another HVAC system tune-up. The reason your community based contractor recommends these though is for one simple reason: There is no worse time to be without heat than the middle of the coldest day of the year.
Having Fall maintenance performed on your system can often guarantee that you will not see or experience a single breakdown during those cold winter nights we all dread so much.
When it gets cold and your system breaks down or fails entirely, many St. Louis residents are left wishing they had just signed up for that annual maintenance.
So what can you expect from your technician during a maintenance visit? This might include but is not limited to:
– Verify thermostat is accurate, heat anticipator set, and advise homeowner to change batteries – – Check for updates and faults
– Clean flame sensor or pilot assembly
– Clean condensate trap
– Inspect heat exchanger
– Check venting
- Check rubber drain tubing for obstructions or cracking
- Check electrical connections
– Check filter(s)
– Check and adjust gas pressure to manufacturer’s specifications
– Check temperature rise
– Turn furnace off at thermostat and back on to verify operation
– Set thermostat to homeowners preference
Not only does maintenance keep your house comfortable, it can detect problems early on, potentially saving you hundreds if not thousands of dollars. An experienced HVAC technician will be able to spot areas that might cause your unit trouble and prevent a small and easy fix into a costly repair down the road. This short maintenance visit can often extend the life of your unit and will make sure you get the most out of your system. It is a large investment and one worth protecting!